Sticks, Strings & Other Things

Thursday, March 02, 2006

My Knitting Olympics Gold Medal!

Isn't it beautiful? It's not as heavy as the Games medal and thankfully it doesn't have a hole in the center so it doesn't remind one of a CD or DVD disc! LOL! I will be printing and laminating it so it can take up permanent residence in my knitting basket.

DH and DS are very proud of their socks and of me. I'm proud of myself, too. I learned a lot about my skills and about how much I hate knitting under a deadline. I also learned that I can tweak a pattern to make it right without having to write it from scratch. That saved much time and probably contributed to my initial quick finish and the addition of the second pair of socks. I learned why I always have multiple projects on needles at once. I apparently have the attention span of a gnat and get bored rather quickly. Imagine that? >g<

I made some new friends and I will be adding some links to blogs that I've been reading regularly to share with you. I'm very tired of ginormous man-sized socks right now! Oddly enough, because I needed a take-along knitting project in between the two Aran pieces I have to finish I have yet another pair of socks on the needles. They are the Simply Lovely Lace Socks from the IK Spring 2006 issue and I'm doing them in KnitPicks Sock Memories colorway Hawaii. It's a very pretty and easy pattern and they should work up fairly quickly. Not sure who they are for yet so stay tuned for that. Maybe my MIL as she and my FIL are headed for Hawaii to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary next month...

Well, I'm off to frantically throw some more paint at the bathroom before Shan picks me up for much needed shopping and lunch out. I'm *almost* done and the happy vacationeers are due back this afternoon. Oh! We have two residents in the new fish tank I labored over for my FIL's b'day gift surprise. They are as yet nameless so stay tuned for Tales From The Wildside when I will share pics of our Finny & Furry Family members!

>glugglug<

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home